Nowadays, you won’t need to own expensive equipment just to polish your singing. There are different editing software or programs on the internet which allows you to do the work.
One example of which is Audacity. Basically, this is an audio editor. It lets you enhance the quality of your recordings and enables you to tweak sounds. Further, this program has an autotune feature that helps you correct off keys pitch or out of tune vocals. Actually, this is very easy to use. Nevertheless, here’s a simple guide on how to use Audacity autotune.
How to Autotune using Audacity
Using Audacity autotune is simple and straightforward that even those who don’t know a thing about editing can utilize this feature. Follow the steps below.
- First, download the GSnap plugin on your computer and install the program.
- Proceed to your download folder and locate GSnap. From there, extract all files and look for .dll file.
- Copy the file and paste it on your Audacity folder. This will add the plugin as an effect.
- Now, open Audacity on your computer and record or import audio.
- Select the portion that you want to correct and click on the Effect menu.
- Choose the GSnap plugin then configure the settings from the adjustment command option.
- Click the save button to apply the changes you’ve made.
And that’s it! You can already have your recordings autotuned through Audacity.
How do I export Audacity to mp3?
Before saving or exporting an MP3 file, download the LAME MP3 encoder. It is third-party software that inputs the Audacity project to MP3. Once you have downloaded and installed LAME, you can save tje project to MP3.
1. Click the File > Export > Export as an MP3 command. The alert box for saving will appear on your screen.
2. Name your audio file.
3. Select a location on your computer where you want to save the MP3 file. Select the “MP3 Files” in the Save Type As bar.
4. Choose Save.
What Audacity can’t do
Audacity has also its limit like any other programs, here are 5 things you need to know that Audacity can’t do:
1. Audacity can’t tag MP3s
2. Audacity can’t make good podcast MP3s
3. Audacity can’t make music
4. Audacity can’t publish or share
5. Audacity can’t apply real-time or editable effects
Set yourself up to record the best possible quality audio before doing a mediocre recording and trying to fix it later. You can always do a lot of enhancements to the file in ‘post-production’, but there are some things that once recorded, are there forever. So make sure that before you start recording you have everything ready and planned.
There are other features or functionalities that you can find within the program. And all in all, it functions as a good alternative to your expensive audio editing software. So, the next time you want to improve your recording or songs, you can download Audacity as your primary editor.
Please leave a comment, questions, or clarifications on the box below. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible or you can contact us directly here.